- What type of information we collect
- Grounds for processing
- How we use and with whom we share the information
- Direct Marketing
- User rights
- For how long we retain the information
- How we safeguard the information
- How to contact us
What Information we collect?
We collect two types of data and information from Users who access our Site.
The first type of information is un-identified and non-identifiable information pertaining to a User(s), which may be made available or gathered via your access to the Site (“Non-personal Information”). We are not aware of the identity of a User from which the Non-personal Information was collected. Non-personal Information which is being collected may include your aggregated usage information and technical information transmitted by your device, including certain software and hardware information (e.g. browser type, language preference, access time, etc.) in order to enhance the functionality of our Site. We may also collect information on your activity on the Site (e.g. clicks, actions, etc.).
The second type of information is individually identifiable information, namely information that identifies an individual or may with reasonable effort identify an individual (“Personal Information”). Such information includes:
- Contact information: the Site may provide you with the option to fill in contact information. If you choose to contact us through our Site or by any other means, you will be asked to provide us with your name, email address and phone number.
- Payment Information: If you choose to purchase any content on the Site, you will be required to share personal information within the Site or with our trusted payment processor. Such personal information may include your name, billing address, identity number, financial information (such as credit card number, bank account, etc.( and any other information which is required in order to complete your transaction.
- Device Information: We may also collect Personal Information from your device. Such information includes geolocation data, IP address, unique identifiers (e.g. MAC address and UUID) and other information which relates to your activity through the Site.
- Telephone calls: we may decide to record telephone calls with our Users for any of the following reasons:
- Establish the facts in the event of a complaint either by a customer or a member of staff and to assist in resolving it;
- Assist in quality control and internal analysis;
- Protect our legitimate interests;
If we associate Non-personal Information with Personal Information, we will treat such information as Personal Information.
Grounds for processing
Processing of Personal Information is necessary for the performance of our contractual obligations towards you and providing you with our services, to protect our legitimate interests and to comply with our legal obligations.
How is the information used? With whom do we share the information?
We may use the information for the following:
- Communicating with you – If you have contacted us, for any reason, we will use your information in order to further communicate with you.
- Conducting statistical and analytical purposes, intended to improve the Site.
In addition to the different uses listed above, we may transfer or disclose Personal Information to our subsidiaries, affiliated companies and subcontractors.
- Providing you with our Service, including providing a personalized display of our Site;
- Storing and processing such information on our behalf;
- Performing research, technical diagnostics or analytics;
We may also disclose information if we have good faith to believe that disclosure of such information is helpful or reasonably necessary to: (i) comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request; (ii) enforce our policies, including investigations of potential violations thereof; (iii) investigate, detect, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities or other wrongdoing, suspected fraud or security issues; (iv) to establish or exercise our rights to defend against legal claims; (v) prevent harm to the rights, property or safety of us, our users, yourself or any third party; or (vi) for the purpose of collaborating with law enforcement agencies and/or in case we find it necessary in order to enforce intellectual property or other legal rights.
In any case we will conclude that disclosure of Personal Information is necessary, we will only disclose that portion of the Personal Information that is required in order to satisfy the basis for disclosure. We will share the Personal Information under appropriate safeguards.
We may use third-party advertising technology to serve advertisements when you access the Site. This technology uses your information with regards to your use of the Services to serve advertisements to you (e.g., by placing third-party cookies on your web browser).
You may opt-out of many third-party ad networks, including those operated by members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) and the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”). For more information about this practice by NAI and DAA members, and your choices regarding having this information used by these companies, including how to opt-out of third-party ad networks operated by NAI and DAA members, please visit their respective websites: http://optout.networkadvertising.org and http://optout.aboutads.info.
We may share your full name, email address and phone number with certain broker(s) (“Broker”) in the event that you have granted permission to receive promotional materials from such Broker at the time of registration. The Broker may periodically use your full name, email address and phone number for the purpose of providing you with promotional materials if your permission was granted at the time of registration. You may contact the Broker at any time to unsubscribe from receiving such promotional materials.
You may request to:
- Receive confirmation as to whether or not personal information concerning you is being processed, and access your stored personal information, together with supplementary information.
- Receive a copy of personal information you directly volunteer to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
- Request rectification of your personal information that is in our control.
- Request erasure of your personal information.
- Object to the processing of personal information by us.
- Request to restrict processing of your personal information by us.
- Lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
However, please note that these rights are not absolute, and may be subject to our own legitimate interests and regulatory requirements.
If you wish to exercise any of the aforementioned rights, or receive more information, please contact us at email@example.com.
We will retain your personal information for as long as necessary to provide our services, and as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our policies. Retention periods will be determined taking into account the type of information that is collected and the purpose for which it is collected, bearing in mind the requirements applicable to the situation and the need to destroy outdated, unused information at the earliest reasonable time. Under applicable regulations, we will keep records containing client personal data, account opening documents, communications and anything else as required by applicable laws and regulations.
We may rectify, replenish or remove incomplete or inaccurate information, at any time and at our own discretion.
When you use our Site, we may store cookies on your computer (as well as other tracking technologies like web beacons, pixels etc.) in order to facilitate and customize your use of our Site. A cookie is a small data text file, which a website stores on your computer’s hard drive (if your web browser permits) that can later be retrieved to identify you to us. Our cookies may store information regarding your registration to our newsletter of demo services. You are always free to decline our cookies if your browser permits, but such disabling may cause some of the features of our Site to not operate properly and your online experience may be limited.
Third party collection of information
How do we safeguard your information?
Transfer of data outside the EEA
Please note that some data recipients may be located outside the EEA. In such cases we will transfer your data only to such countries as approved by the European Commission as providing adequate level of data protection, or enter into legal agreements ensuring an adequate level of data protection.
The Site is intended to the use of individuals over the age of 18. In the event that we become aware that a user under the age of 18 has shared any information, we will discard such information. If have any reason to believe that a child under 18 has shared any information with us, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to contact us
If you have any general questions about the Site or the information we collect about you and how we use it, you can contact us at email@example.com
Queensway Academy Ltd.
Kenwood House Suite 2
77a Shenley Road
Borehamwood, United Kingdom WD6 1AG.
Tel. (+44) 330-0390-2500.